• Participate in Parcours d' Artistes, Coin du Balai, Boitsfort, Bruxelles 1190
• Final season documenting Plush Music Festival
• Publication of Kevin's Bogey
Launch of The Giant Press, offering a range of design, graphic and editorial services for publishing, and continuing to offer cards and fine archival prints for sale and distribution.
• Plush Festival photography image galleries and 2014 brochure available online
• Open studio for Dorset Art Weeks 24 May - 8 June
Exhibition L 'Artishe Gallery, Swanage, 16 November - 2 December 2013
Exhibition Festival Cultures 6 April 2013 – 4 May 2013, Bridport Arts Centre
• Fine Art Prints, specifically designed for framing
• Fine art cards: blank message cards 148 x 148 mm, includes envelope and cellophane wrapper
CLICK HERE (price on application)
• Documentary: from street photography, via commissioned documentation for the arts, to informal portraiture
2011-2014 Documentation and brochure photography for Plush Music Festival
• Image selected for The Guardian Photography Guide - and used to promote the guide online.
• Exhibition: Small Moments - the Intimate Face of Semana Santa; Easter 2012
Forest Arts Centre, New Milton, Hampshire, BH25 6DS.
Landscape selected for the Evolver Prize exhibition at Thelma Hulbert Gallery, Honiton and display of landscape images in the First View Gallery, Stourhead.
The images displayed here represent more extensive series.
Living Landscapes/Still Lives: a wide-ranging and open ended exploration of the environment as an active arena for change, decay and the interaction between nature and civilization; the urban and rural landscapes as zones of expression of cultural meaning and aspiration.
Photographic space appears as a source of poetic inspiration and a pathway to the surreal, using ephemeral coincidence of light, form and culture to pose questions whose only solution may be an enigma.
Oradour-sur-Glane: martyred village, viewed through technological/ architectural relics.
It is left to a few poignant remains to speak of the near-genocidal atrocity visited upon this community in the later days of WWII.
Landscape Calligraphy: traces on the "field" of landscape structure, source of metaphor/reference (Ruskin, Elements of Drawing; Lhote, Treatise on Landscape Painting).
These images feature the Yorkshire Dales and some of the ancient sites and hill forts found in Dorset: Maiden Castle, Hambledon Hill, Badbury Rings, Eggardon Heath amongst others.
Avebury: Exploration of the character/personality of individual stones.
The stones, when not viewed simply as objects in a landscape, reveal an inner life seething beneath the surface, offering subtle metaphorical reference to body parts, fantasy landscapes, constellations...
Images are available for sale as limited edition prints: see information.
All prints: archival inks on Hahnemuhle/Harman/Somerset archival papers.